Tomatoes are the theme of Friðheimar cuisine – and that’s not surprising, since three different varieties of tomato are cultivated in the greenhouses, where food is served among the tomato plants. A unique food experience – come and enjoy it!
Please remember to book in advance. Tel. (+354) 486 8894 or email: email@example.com
Menu: 12–16 daily
- The one and only Friðheimar Tomato Soup served on a buffet with sour cream, home baked bread, cucumber salsa, butter and fresh herbs
- Would you like to make your soup richer by adding vegetable, cheese, chicken or seafood sticks to your soup?
- Stone baked Tortilla with tomato, basil and Mozzarella
- Fresh Ravioli pasta with home made pasta sauce and pesto
- Fresh mussels cooked in our special tomato seafood sauce
- Handmade Icelandic Mozzarella Burrata and Heirloom tomatoes with basil olive oil
Desserts and treats
- Green-tomato and apple pie à la Friðheimar with whipped cream
- Home made tomato ice cream à la Friðheimar
- Mouthwatering cheesecake with jam of green-tomato, cinnamon and lime
- Friðheimar Tomato beer - you can choose between beer brewed with green tomatoes or fully ripe red tomatoes
- Tomato schnapps – a hollow tomato filled with Icelandic Birch schnapps
- Virgin Mary – a home made fresh tomato drink made from well riped tomatoes
- Bloody Mary – now is the best time of the day for a Bloody Mary! Home made tomato drink with vodka and a drop of Tabasco
- Healthy Mary – our newest drink, made from green tomato, lime, honey and ginger, served chilled with sparkling water
- Happy Mary – here we take our green tomatoes to a new level: One part Hendrik's Gin, two parts Healthy Mary and glass filled up with Bitter Lemon
- Gin & tonic – Hendrik's gin with tonic and cucumber
- Friðheimar Kaffi - Drambuie whiskey liqueur, coffeee and tomato syrup. Topped with whipped cream
- Tómata Espresso Tonic - Espresso, Tonic, Green tomato drink (you can also have this drink with spirit. Then we add Hendrik´s gin to it)
- Friðheimar Latte - Coffee Latte with Piccolo and strawberry syrup
The restaurant is open daily 12–16, all year round. Come and enjoy a unique food experience!
And you can drop in to The Little Tomato Shop and pick up delicious edible souvenirs to take home...